- Attractions Italy
- Attractions Lombardy region
- Attractions Bergamo province
- Attractions Clusone сommune
- Attractions Clusone
Arte Tempo Museum – MAT, Clusone
Arte Tempo Museum in Clusone (MAT for short) offers very diverse collections. It houses paintings, sculptures, photos and even clocks. all the exhibitions have something in common – they relate to the area within which the museum is situated. Art and time – these are the things that dwell inside and wait for curious visitors to tell them some stories about life in beautiful Clusone. The building where the museum is situated is just as interesting. Constructed in the 16th century, it is still well-preserved and boasts arches, columns, and cozy park.
Arte Tempo Museum is divided into three main sections:
- Paintings and sculptures of artists, whose life and art is associated with Clusone. Moreover, you can also enjoy artworks of Antonio Cifrondi, Giovanni Trussardi Volpi, Giacomo Manzù and Attilio Nani.
- A unique collection of tower clock inner workings, some of which have been ticking since the 16th century.
- Cesare Cristilli’s photo archive. Here you can find photos made by Cesare Cristilli that captured life in Clusone in the 20th century.
History of MAT
Museum of Art and Time is situated inside the ancient Palazzo Marinoni Barca which used to be the residence of the Marinoni family. In the 20th century, it also included a library and elderly care home. Palazzo was eventually sold to local authorities. However, the Arte Tempo Museum has been functioning here since 2005.
How to get
The closest bus stop to MAT in Clusone is “Clusone - p.za iv novembre”. Buses S, S50a, S50b, S50d, S60a include it in their route.
Opening hours: the museum is open on Fridays from 15:30 till 18:30, on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 till 12:00 and from 15:30 till 18:30.